Some years ago the P&C introduced the ‘Just one thing’ initiative based strongly on the ethos that when you contribute to your school, a positive connection is created that helps build and support the whole community.
The ‘Just one thing’ form is included with the Year 7 Orientation pack and asks incoming parents to commit to helping with ‘just one thing’ and might take the form of:
- Volunteering for one-off events e.g. Election Day BBQs, Open Day, etc.
- Attending P&C meetings
- Participating in School Grounds Action Days (2-3 sessions per year)
- Member of the Year 12 Graduation Ceremony Team
- Uniform Shop volunteer
- Liaising with your company/employer as possible Year 10 work experience position
- Assist with writing grant applications
- Join a planning group or participate in organising an event
- Donating prizes for fundraising events
- Contributing your advice and expertise in specialist areas such as graphic design, engineering, traffic, finance etc.
A voluntary monetary donation to the P & C is also included on your annual fee statement. All funds are invested back into the school and the students.